The Gift Of Advent is a four-lesson large group/small group curriculum designed to give children a biblical understanding of Christmas...from the garden - to the manger - to the cross. Each lesson focuses on a new gift that comes as a result of God's ultimate Gift - Jesus!
Lesson 1: The Gift of Hope
Our need for a Savior began all the way back in Genesis when sin entered the world. In this lesson children will read God's promises in Genesis 3:14-15 and Isaiah 9:6-7. They will learn how God had a rescue plan in place from the very beginning and why our hope should be in Christ alone!
Lesson 2: The Gift of Wisdom
Is just knowing about Jesus enough? The religious leaders knew the details of Jesus' birth, yet they did not go to worship Him. In this lesson children will read the story of the Magi in Matthew 2:1-12. They will learn the importance of putting their faith into action and what true wisdom requires.
Lesson 3: The Gift of Love
When God sent His Son to die on the cross, it was the ultimate example of love. Children will read from Ephesians 5 and discuss how we are to be imitators of God by walking in love as we follow His great example.
Lesson 4: The Gift of Joy
Like the angels proclaimed in Luke 2, Jesus' arrival is good news and should bring about great joy! Children will learn that the true meaning of Christmas is not something we should keep to ourselves. A Savior has been born! He is Christ the Lord!
In typical Go Fish style, The Gift of Advent is Bible-Centered, Media-Enhanced & Easy-To-Use. As churches have come to expect, the curriculum kit contains everything you need including all print materials on an easy to use CD-Rom. In each lesson kids will actively be using their Bibles as they engage in Bible Study and various activities including crafts, worksheets, coloring pages and more. Five brand new music videos including on screen lyrics allow kids to sing along with the Go Fish Guys. Plus, kids will love the animated character DJ Pray-Z as he leads them in several of the videos. The Go Fish Guys also kick off the Bible study for each lesson with a set-up video.
• DVD - music videos with lyrics, karaoke style music videos & lesson set-up videos from the Go Fish Guys
• DVD-Rom - computer files of all videos in MOV HD, WMV HD & MPEG-1 SD
• CD - audio for eight Christmas songs
• CD-Rom - reproducible & emailable lesson files for leaders & kids
• 5 music videos from Go Fish with lyrics on screen (Songs: Joy To The World, Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, The Christmas Dance, Christmas With A Capital "C", It's About The Cross)
• 5 karaoke videos to use for your Christmas service
• 4 lesson set-up videos from the Go Fish Guys
• Large Group activity and opening time for each lesson including Advent Wreath
• Small Group Bible Lessons
• Worksheets with activities for each lesson
• Audio CD (Songs: Joy To The World, Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, The Christmas Dance, Christmas With A Capital "C", It's About The Cross, We Three Kings, The Little Drummer Boy, and My Jesus I Love Thee)
• DVD-Rom with all video files in Quicktime MOV (HD), Windows Media WMV (HD), and MPEG-1 (SD)
• CD-Rom with all lessons, manuals, craft information, coloring sheets, and much more in printable and e-mailable formats
• Craft idea for each lesson
• Print Music & Lyric File for the five video songs
The music is great and very fun! The kids love it. We love that we can come together to watch the Large Group Video, do music and share and split into smaller groups for bible study and crafts and an activity! Annette Wren on Nov 21st 2016
We purchased this product for our Youth Service that we have twice monthly. We loved it and most important the kids did too ! They said they are bringing friends next time. Everything about it was good. The music, the lesson and the crafts. 5 stars for this product !! Unknown on Nov 7th 2016
I recently purchased/completed this curriculum for use in our church nursery (2-4 yr olds). Tho it's written for elementary aged children, we were able to use it quite well. It just took a little editing here and there. They LOVED it!! We all did!! Children, teens and adults alike! As always, it is completely God centered, Bible based, without the fluff! The music...phenomenal, as we've come to expect. Crafts ...as always, amazing! LOVED the Advent Wreath too! All high quality! My family has done it's 2nd Christmas light show, with an FM transmitter, light controllers/programs,etc. and used our favorites..."Christmas With A Capital C" and "It's About The Cross"! Definitely plan to use this curriculum again next year! Next, I'm working on the new Easter Curriculum and the "Gotta Move" kit for VBS in my front yard this summer! Crystal Engels on Jan 12th 2016
I have used the Gift of Advent for Sunday School and both kids and teachers loved it. Easy to use volunteer friendly lessons and big group fun that had kids moving and loving it. We even used the music video for our kids Christmas Eve Service. You know it was working when grandparents were doing the bump for the Joy to the World video. Nathan Firmin on Sep 30th 2015